If you’re interested in conditioning, VO2 max, resiliency and becoming an antifragile human, then today’s podcast episode is for you.Myself, Keiran Halton, Ryan L’Ecuyer, and Lance Goyke break down a really cool paper that investigates whether or not the mitochondria limits aerobic performance in the following two groups of people: a group who are young, healthy and untrained and a group who are young, healthy and trained
Interestingly, there is a significant difference between the two groups and the implications for both health and performance are enormous. Again, if you care about becoming a strong, resilient, anti-fragile human then the episode today is a must listen. Listen in to discover why you need to do your conditioning for both health and performance (and why the mitochondria reserve capacity is so important).
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- [11:30] Two components to measuring VO2
- [13:45] A walkthrough of the graph
- [17:10] Understanding reserved capacity
- [21:00] Responding to metabolic and stress insults
- [23:42] Understanding what your operating capacity is
- [29:20] Locally adapted versus systemically adapted
- [33:05] The importance of your conditioning
- [36:50] Strongman as a population
- [38:00] Having variability in your training
- Follow Ryan L’Ecuyer here: https://www.instagram.com/lacurefit/
- Follow Lance Goyke here: https://www.instagram.com/lancegoyke/
- Follow Keiran Halton here: https://www.instagram.com/halton_performance/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Check out the article discussed here: https://tinyurl.com/vypf3mf2
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://www.rebel-performance.com/
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) – Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply “trial” to this email and I’ll send you all the details. Oh, and here’s a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.