Today’s guests are Dean Guido of Stronger U Fitness and Jeb Stuart Johnston of Food on the Mind.
Dean and Jeb go into nutrition and output management, talking specifically about the distinction between a scarcity/restrictive model and an abundance model. By extension, they speak on making a mindset shift from scarcity and restriction to abundance, encouraging individuals to think beyond the idea of “models” altogether. They discuss why knowledge often isn’t the problem when honing in on your client’s weight loss challenges. They also go over why it isn’t often food itself that is the issue, but what comes after eating food.
Listen in as Dean and Jeb explain how to build your skill set, knowledge base, and client pool as a coach; why it pays in the long run to capitalize on what you’re good at from the get-go; the pitfalls of adhering strictly to models; what a mindset of abundance can bring; and how to calibrate output and nutrition when working with a client.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- [03:32] An introduction to Dean and Jeb
- [12:24] Building your brand as a coach
- [21:16] What people should focus on to become a better coach
- [29:04] Why you should be unafraid to challenge existing models
- [37:40] Adopting an abundance mindset toward nutrition
- [47:45] Improving your output to better utilize your food, versus simply managing your calories
- [53:07] What rehab can teach us about changing our unhealthy behavior around food
- [1:00:49] Adapting a nutrition program around the client’s particular circumstances and limitations
- [1:08:14] Troubleshooting output issues
- [1:21:34] Recapping the benefits of switching from a restrictive to an abundance mindset
Get in Contact with Dean and Jeb:
- Explore Stronger U here: https://strongeru.com/
- Follow Stronger U on Instagram here
- Check out Jeb Stuart Johnston’s website here
- Follow Jeb Stuart Johnston on Instagram here
- Follow Dean Guedo on Instagram here
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you find your peak performance (and live up to your true potential):
1. Get 21 FREE program samples. Tired of second-guessing and overthinking your training? CLICK HERE to get 5 months of free workouts to help you unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism.
2. Buy a pre-made program. Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then GO HERE.
3. Join the Total Package Athlete Challenge. Want to work directly with me to hit a PR in your squat, bench, deadlift, vertical jump, broad jump, or 8-minute assault bike within the next 6 weeks? Then GO HERE.
4. Join the Rebel Performance Training Team.Want to work directly with me and my team to unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism (so you can start living at your physical peak)? Then GO HERE.
Subscribe to Spotify Subscribe to iTunes Would you like to never stop making progress in your training? Someone sent me an email recently letting me know they were making great progress for about a month and a half but unfortunately hit a wall and stopped seeing results. There can be a lot of different variables…
Subscribe to Spotify Subscribe to iTunes Do you want to be successful with your nutrition without having to count calories?? This is a really important topic and a question that comes up often. Your need to count calories is going to be dependent on your goal and the level of your goal that you’re trying…
Subscribe to Spotify Subscribe to iTunes Can you burn fat and build muscle at the same time? Despite all the marketing and non-sense you see on the internet, the answer is it depends. Some people can while others can’t…so the million dollar question is which group do you fall into? And on the podcast today…